We are proud to announce that Dawn Jallen has made the choice to join the Ticor Title Escrow team as Branch Manager of our Seattle/Lake Union location. Her depth of knowledge, 19 years of experience and leadership skills bring immense value to our Seattle team and will ultimately provide a superior closing experience for our clients and partners.
Dawn began her career in 1998 with a small Seattle law firm specializing in escrow transactions. She began as an escrow assistant, and has progressed in the industry for 19 years. From 2000 to 2007, Dawn worked as an LPO and Branch Manager in Seattle for a National Title Company, which led to a position in Southern California as the Escrow Operations Manager for Ventura and Los Angeles Counties. Dawn decided to return to the Seattle market in 2012 and since that time has continued to pursue her goals and career in escrow.
1505 Westlake Ave N Suite 150
Seattle, WA 98109
Please Join us in welcoming Dawn Jallen to the Ticor Title Family!
Closing on a home can be an exciting and stressful process all at the same time. With so many potential speed bumps it’s important we make your closing flow as smooth as possible. At Ticor we believe one of the easiest ways to accomplish this is by educating buyers and sellers as they prepare for the big day. In particular we’d like to highlight some of the simple steps a buyer/seller can take to expedite the process. We call these steps the “Keys to a Successful Closing”.
BUYERS AND SELLERS
- Provide your escrow officer with your phone number & email.
- Confirm with your agent that all contingencies have been satisfied.
- Keep your agent informed of any vacation or travel plans or times you will be unavailable.
- If you plan to have your documents reviewed by an attorney, please notify your escrow officer at least 48 hours prior to signing.
Gather the following and deliver to your Escrow Officer:
- Your forwarding address.
- Any existing payoff information.
- Identify leased equipment.
- Homeowner Association information.
- Utilities (if they are to be paid out of escrow.)
- Any name changes since vesting
- Notify your escrow officer the names of your lender and homeowner insurance companies.
- Verify with your loan officer that all conditions have been met.
BEFORE YOUR SIGNING APPOINTMENT
- Plan to sign at the escrow company one or two business days before the closing date.
- Expect the signing to last approximately one hour if you are the buyer and 30 minutes if you are the seller
- Have two pieces of valid ID (one being photo ID) available at your signing appointment: Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, or Green Card.
- If funds are required to close, be prepared to bring the monies in the form of a cashier’s check or wire transfer. These funds need to be received by the Escrow office 24 hours in advance of the recording/closing date indicated on your Purchase and Sale Agreement.
The Ticor Intelligence Report is designed to help you generate leads, increase referrals, and provide meaningful local market data to your clients and prospects.
Be the local market intelligence expert for $25 per year!
Post and promote your reports on Facebook and Twitter. Print and share your reports at open houses. Upload reports to your website. It’s easy to get your area-specific reports in front of prospective buyers and sellers.
Your weekly Ticor Intelligence Report will quickly become your new best friend.Now, when someone asks you, “How’s the market?”, you can answer them confidently, with specific details. Your buyers and sellers will love you for helping them make smarter decisions about pricing, market timing and more.
Getting Started takes just a few moments. Contact your Ticor Title Sales Executive for more information today!
We are happy to announce that Kelly Swanson has made the choice to join the Ticor Title sales team and will be headquartered in our Everett location. Kelly brings 30 years of experience and a depth of title & escrow knowledge that will provide immense value to our clients and partners. Please join us in welcoming Kelly to the team!
Kelly began her journey in the Title Industry in 1987. She spent many of those years in the title unit and customer service departments. In 1999 she decided to bring her knowledge and resources to her clients in the field. Kelly has experience in both residential and commercial in the local markets of Snohomish, King, and Pierce Counties and also spent time as a Regional Sales Manager for a National Company covering major cities in the U.S., coordinating title and escrow services.
Kelly’s hobbies include horseback riding, gardening and spending time with her family. With 30 years of industry experience and her strength in title, customer service, marketing and sales Kelly is the right partner for your business!
2825 Colby Ave., Suite 300
Everett, WA 98201
Ticor Title is a member of the FNF family of companies and the nation’s largest group of title companies and title insurance underwriters that collectively issue more title insurance policies than any other title company in the United States.
FNF Core Title Operation Performance
The fourth quarter of 2016 was a great finish to another strong year for our title insurance business, as we generated fourth quarter adjusted pre-tax title earnings of $292 million and a 15.8% adjusted pre-tax title margin. For the full-year 2016, we produced more than $8.2 billion in total revenue and a 14.7% adjusted pre-tax title margin.
Residential Real Estate Overview
Fidelity National Title Group purchase opened and closed orders increased by 7% and 12%, respectively on a daily basis in the fourth quarter. In addition, the mix of business during the fourth quarter shifted more towards purchase transactions, with purchase business accounting for 59% of open orders and 55% of closed orders.
Commercial Real Estate Overview
Our commercial operations experienced another strong quarter to end 2016. Total commercial revenue of $285 million was our second highest quarterly in company history. For fullyear 2016 total commercial revenue of approximately $973 million was just 5% behind the record setting 2015 performance.
Looking Forward to the Year Ahead
As we progress through 2017, we continue to strive to maximize earnings from our operations and remain the most profitable title insurance company in the country.
You’re invited to join us for food, refreshments, conversation & good times as we celebrate the recent relocation of our Spokane Valley escrow office!
At Ticor Title Spokane Valley, we believe that every successful real estate transaction begins with a great team. We are proud of our dedicated family of professionals who are committed to the highest levels of service to our clients, the Spokane Valley community, and each other.
So please join us as we celebrate our growing team and new Spokane Valley location!
4PM – 7PM
Ticor Title – Spokane Valley
16201 E Indiana Ave., Suite 3300
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
Map & Directions
Download the Invite
- Title insurance protects the interests of property owners and lenders against legitimate or false title claims by owners or lien holders. It insures the title to the investment, unlocking its potential as a financial asset for the owner.
- At Ticor we access, assemble, analyze, and distribute title information, in addition to handling escrow and closing.
- Title problems are discovered in more than one-third of residential real estate transactions. These “defects” must be resolved prior to closing. The most common problems are existing liens, unpaid mortgages, and recording errors of names, addresses or legal descriptions.
- A homeowner’s title insurance policy protects the owner for as long as he or she has an interest in the property; and the premium is paid only once, at closing.
- Title insurance is different from other forms of insurance because it insures against events that occurred before the policy is issued, as opposed to insuring against events in the future, as auto, health, property or life insurance do. Title insurance is loss prevention insurance.
- Ticor performs a thorough search of existing records to identify all possible defects in order to resolve them prior to issuing a policy. We perform intensive and extensive work up-front to minimize claims. The better we do this, the lower our rate of claims and the more secure your level of protection.
- Researching titles is extremely labor-intensive since only a small percentage of public records are computerized. The industry invests a substantial amount of time and expense to collect and evaluate title records. As a result, the industry’s claims experience is low compared to other lines of insurance.
- Ticor’s impressive Claim Reserves gives you unquestionable security and peace of mind knowing that your policy is backed by a leader in the title insurance industry.
- Dollar for dollar, title insurance is the best investment you can make to protect your interest in one of the most valuable assets you own: your home.
- To get the best value, choose Ticor Title for all your Title and Escrow needs. Write us in on your next transaction and you’ll see why we are Worth the Money.
Print, Share, Download Tips for Buyers & Sellers
This helpful information and more can be found in our Buyer Seller Guide to Title & Escrow eBook. Check it out!
We are happy to announce that Keleen Goering has made the choice to join the Ticor Title escrow team and will be headquartered in our Lake Union office on Westlake Avenue. Keleen brings years of experience and a rich service ethic that will provide immense value to our clients and partners. Please join us in welcoming Keleen to the team!
I’ve been in the title & escrow industry for 15 years since launching my career at Ticor Title in Oregon in 2002, and am happy to announce my return to Ticor Title in Seattle this year.
My commitment to clients and customers is steadfast and has earned me a reputation for taking personal interest and accountability for timely and cohesive escrow closings. My consistent dedication to clear communication and transparency is at the core of my success in the escrow field.
Your success is my success, and I look forward to being a part of that in your next transaction!
1505 Westlake Ave N Suite 150
Seattle, WA 98109
We are happy to announce that Nichole Smith has made the choice to join the Ticor Title sales team and will be headquartered in our Lake Union office on Westlake Avenue. Nichole brings great energy and a depth of knowledge & experience that will provide immense value to our clients and partners. Please join us in welcoming Nichole to the team!
I began my career as a receptionist at the age of 17 at a mortgage company. After high school graduation I, while attending college, was very fortunate to learn all aspects of the mortgage business and soon became a loan officer.
After several years (and the mortgage crisis), I decided it was time to leave the industry and put my paralegal degree to use and work for a real estate law firm. While working for the firm, I received my real estate brokers license and eventually became the manager of our short sale negotiation/sales team. After three years at the firm, I was given the opportunity to pursue my dream career as a business development manager in the title industry. Now I’m happy to advance my career at Ticor (yay!!)
Make sure all of your clients are protected
You’re a real estate agent, so you know that buying a home can be overwhelming for many of your clients. Homebuyers can easily feel confused and frustrated by the mounds of paperwork they have to sign. Plus, all the fees associated with closing can sometimes be a surprise even to an experienced buyer.
Owner’s title insurance is one of those items often misunderstood by homebuyers at closing, yet its value is tremendous. As an important advisor to your clients, you are in the position to help them understand the value of owner’s title insurance and the dangers that can be incurred without it.
What is title insurance?
Owner’s title insurance is a policy that protects homebuyers’ property rights. For the same reasons that the bank requires a lender’s insurance policy, a homebuyer obtains owner’s title insurance to protect their legal claims to the property.
How title insurance protects your clients
Say, for example, your client recently purchased a new home from a builder, but the builder failed to pay the roofer. Wanting to be paid, the roofer filed a lien against the property. Without owner’s title insurance, your client would be responsible for paying this existing debt—meaning they’d be paying the roofer out of pocket instead of purchasing something nice for their new home, like new living room furniture. This is just one example of how owner’s title insurance protects homebuyers’ from various significant risks. With owner’s title insurance, your client would be protected from certain legal or financial responsibilities.
The good news is that owner’s title insurance protects homebuyers financially, as long as they or their heirs* own the home. For a low, one-time fee (average of 0.5% of purchase price), homebuyers can rest assured, knowing they are protected from inheriting existing debts or claims to their property.
State regulations and CFPB
Each state government regulates its own title insurance costs. In addition, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) regulates closing and settlement practices which can impact title insurance. Keep in mind that title insurance industry practices vary due to differences in state laws and local real estate customs. The party that pays for the owner’s title insurance policy varies from state to state, and sometimes even within a state. For more information about title insurance, please contact your Ticor Title representative.
Free resources for Realtors®
Together, real estate agents, land title insurance professionals and other stakeholders involved in real estate transactions can protect homebuyers and provide them with the peace of mind they deserve during the home closing process.
For more information about title insurance, and to get free resources for real estate agents, visit www.alta.org/realtor.
*This article offers a brief description of insurance coverages, products and services and is meant for informational purposes only. Actual coverages may vary by state, company or locality. You may not be eligible for all of the insurance products, coverages or services described in this advertising. For exact terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations, please contact a Ticor Title representative.